Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Season of the Witch

Yesterday My Mom called.
After chatting a bit, Mom asked
"So are you putting up your altar?"
"Yes" I assured Her.
"What about Grandma's picture,

it's here you know".
She proceeded to remind me of

an Uncle, a few cousins,
all of whom should be placed on the altar.

Not typical conversation

for the average family.
Mom's concerns come from my relocation.
This year I am unable to make

the commute home for Halloween/Samhain.
It will be difficult for both Mom & Myself.
Like any other family,

We gather together & celebrate.
We honor the seasons,

We honor ancestors,
We honor The Goddess.
We have our rituals, our meals

& our magick.

This year there will be new ritual,

New faces at my table.
New friends sharing in the celebration.
My altar will reflect these changes.
While I am saddened by this change,
I acknowledge this is a season of change.
The wise know that change is inevitable.

My Lady will guide me through the changes.
The Season of the Witch is not always gentle.
The Season of the Witch
Is one of faith,

for we stand at the crossroads
knowing we must not look back
The Season of the Witch
Is a time of Hope & Dreams
We give ourselves over to The Goddess,
And in so doing
We open the path to creation
Without faith we will never learn to manifest our dreams
May you let go & let Goddess guide you

5 comments:

  1. Mourn and celebrate -- the two axis of Samhain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New friends, new rituals, change is inevitable. I've been through many in my life. My first year away from home was a lonely time, so I know how you are feeling. The Goddess will see you through.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true the Season of the Witch isn't always pleasant, sometimes there are lessons to learn from it. As always, letting The Goddess direct our steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you All for your posts.
    Mary, Thank you for your kind words.
    Transition is not always easy & although
    My lady has led me exactly where I need to be,
    There is the occassional bout of the blues...
    This to shall pass.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing for something extra nice for you and your mom since you can't be together this Halloween :>)

    ReplyDelete

http://www.etsy.com/shop/IntuitiveGoddess