Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tarot Significator - Who are YOU?

This week the question for the tarot Translation Group is -
"Which card is your significator & why?" 

What exactly is a significator?
Traditionally, 1 card is chosen from a tarot deck to represent
the querent (who the reading is for).
Sometimes the card is chosen based upon the astrological sign,
Sometimes solely upon gender, other times upon physical appearance.
Most readers today don't opt to use a significator. 
So why then ask this question?
 

When I first saw this question,
My immediate reaction was The High Priestess.
No brainer right?  After all, I am a Devotee/ Priestess
In service to The Goddess. 
I am also a psychic who reads tarot.

All ready to prepare My answer when I thought
"Who AM I, really?"

So I grabbed a deck of tarot cards & began to browse them.
Asking myself to pick 1 word to describe a card and see how
it applies to me.
Then I saw the 3 of discs, aka 3 of pentacles.

The 3 of Pentacles is a card of hard work,
but it is the work that one loves.  It is succeeding at what you do.
It's doing a thing well because you love it.
The 3 of Pentacles is something more.  It is building something.
In the Gaian Tarot, Joanna Powell Colbert

describes the 3 of Pentacles as
"building the house of The Goddess".


That IS who I am. Together with My Sisters,
I am building community.

I am building a space to honor The Goddess.
 

I pulled out My Motherpeace Tarot Deck.
3 of pentacles.  3 Women laying the bricks,
working together - toward a common goal.
Building community.
Building Sisterhood
Honoring the Great Mother through work I love.
Not to mention the 3 Pentacles...
Maiden, Mother, Crone
Yes.
I AM the 3 of Pentacles
 

Take a moment and your tarot deck.
Study the cards - then ask
Who am I?

1 comment:

  1. I don't use a significator when reading. But if I had to use one, I'd use my Tarot soul card -- the Chariot.

    ReplyDelete

http://www.etsy.com/shop/IntuitiveGoddess