Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Coming "Out" Psychic - Confessions of a Tarot Reader

Most people know me as a Tarot Reader, or
rather an "Intuitive" Tarot Reader.
A self imposed title I used when I began My career
as a professional reader. 
I chose to call myself  a "Tarot Reader" because I
believed it to be more accepted by mainstream society.
I also didn't fully understand the difference between who
I really am & what I do.

When I was young, somewhere between 10 -11 years old,
It became apparent I had an ability to "know" things.
The exact time We knew of this I will always remember.
It was late in the evening, probably around 10PM and
I should have been fast asleep. I remember running in to
My Mom & telling Her, "Aunt Harriet died".  I was pretty
upset & insistent.  Shortly afterwards the phone did ring
with the terrible news.  My Aunt had passed from a sudden
heart attack.


As I got older, this knowing continued.
I was told My Dad had the same ability although
He never embraced it. 
It was the norm for me, I never questioned or gave it
much thought.
At some point I began giving readings or making "predictions"
for family & friends.
"Predictions" seem to be a dirty word - right along with
"Fortune Teller".  Btw, I am not a "Fortune Teller".
I moved along in My chosen career path -
NOT a reader. 
I did do readings on the side.  It was fun, extra income &
I began to work with Tarot.

Eventually, circumstances or perhaps Fate stepped in
Changing My path.  I am forever grateful to Spirit and
To those friends who manifested this change.
Armed with a Tarot Deck, the path as a professional reader began.
Truth was, I am a Psychic.  I can read with nothing at all.
I simply Hear or See the message.
Some of those messages have been posted right here on this blog.
Those messages are called "predictions" by some.
To me, they are simply messages.  Messages from Spirit.
Problem was, "Psychics" get a bad rap. The ones who didn't -
Well, I couldn't see putting Myself in their category. I didn't think
I had the abilities they did.

I thought Tarot was safer, more accepted.
In reality, it's not.
I also thought I fit in better.
Labels.  Why do we need them?


As I explored the Tarot community,
I realized, it's NOT who I am.
I love Tarot.  I've met some incredibly talented people.
I love the artistry of the decks.
That artistry is a tool that helps me do what I do best.
I AM a Psychic.
I do see energies that have not yet come to pass.
I have an excellent track record.
I will not be ashamed of those "predictive" energies,
That some like to make fun of or pooh pooh.
I will support Tarot.  I will use tarot decks.
But I will come out of the self imposed closet.
I am who I am because of Spirit.
I owe it to Spirit to acknowledge.
I AM a Psychic and I am proud.
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://www.etsy.com/shop/IntuitiveGoddess